The transport of infants is always a special challenge. In addition to the supply of heat and intensive medical options, the transport should of course also be carried out safely, gently and quickly.
While in recent years the focus of transport safety has been more focused on users and devices, the revision of the DIN EN 13976-2:2018 standard finally clearly egulates the safety of the child to be transported.
A retention system in the transport incubator is prescri- bed that, on the one hand, the infant‘s ability to move s restricted in such a way that, in the event of an impact with the hood or any rigid part of the incubator, taking nto account the prescribed load (max. 20 G) there is no injury.
On the other hand, it must be ensured that direct access to the infant is maintained in the event of an emergency or deterioration in the condition.
• Embrace® is easy to use
• Embrace® can be used for babies up to 3.900 grams
• Embrace® is tested and approved for forces up to 20 G.So it complies with DIN EN 13976-2:2018
• The system can be used in any transport incubator according to previous adaptation to be integrated by the manufacturer
• Embrace® is mounted on a flat surface using existing mounting devices with special mounting material
• Embrace® may only be used by trained and certified medical staff
Embrace® solves these particular challenges in a simple way. The transport safety system has been developed for children up to 3.900 grams.
Embrace® protects the infant from strong brakes, curves and impact situations of any kind. It consists of a form- able vacuum mattress and a soft disposable flow cover with safety net.
The lateral Quick-Lock closures ensure the best pressure distribution over the entire restraint system and quick access to the patient.
Due to the individual adaptability of the system to the infant, problem areas such as the head, extremities, etc. can be optimally secured.