Swabsafe™ is designed to eliminate the risk posed to operating theatre personnel by the unnecessary handling of contaminated swabs and assisting accurate swab counting, thus protecting the patient.
Each Swabsafe™ container is divided into five sections. The scrub-practitioner directly discards each dirty swab into an individual section. Once all five sections are used, the swab-tie is added to the Swabsafe™ container, and then the lid can be secured. The patented Swabsafe™ system also includes mobile stands for the Swabsafe™ containers and electronic weighing scales.
Containers come in Small, Medium and Large.
Benefits of Swabsafe™
- Reduces the risk of swab-counting errors, thus protecting
- Eliminates the handling of dirty swabs by circulating staff
- Includes a receptacle for the swab-tie
- Complies with AfPP Guidelines and Health and
- Makes swab weighing easier
- Improves patient and staff safety
- Safe and Hygienic
- Easy to use